Friday, October 12, 2012

4 Months of Braces - my Six Month Smile is nearly done!







WOW!  Time is flying! Maybe it's because the school year is in full swing or because life's just going at full speed.  All I know, is that I'm more than half way done with my Six Month Smile!  And, just look at those straight teeth :) 

I took this cell phone picture this morning, so it's a pretty accurate representation of what's going on right now.  My bottom row of teeth have straightened out and my top row looks great.  I'm SO happy with what I see in the mirror these days! 

Working at a school, I have to have my photo taken annually for the yearbook.  This year, I laughed with my kids that I'd have braces -- just like many of the students!  (Actually, you could barely tell that I was wearing them because the final yearbook photo is so small -- thankfully!)

Things are still going fine with the braces overall. A couple weeks ago, I actually ate a bracket.  Yes, it happened while eating a slice of California Pizza Kitchen thin crust BBQ.  (Yum!) One bite of crust seemed particularly, well, crunchy.  When I flossed later that night, I realized that a wire was poking out of the back (metal) bracket and the last plastic bracket was gone altogether.  (Ooops.)  I called my dentist the next morning and he had everything back in place within a few minutes. 

Next week, I'll be entering the final phase of The Six Month braces -- power chains.  I have a real fear about getting these on because my dental tech told me that they can definitely cause some soreness in your mouth.  These power chains actually help link all of the brackets together even tighter to pull teeth back and close up gaps.  It's the last step in achieving a great smile.  I'll also get the final wire put on! 

I'm still hoping to make my December goal of no braces for Christmas...guess we'll see how it goes!  Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for all of your encouraging comments!

5 comments:

  1. The Six Month Smile has been really working well for you! Having braces is very uncomfortable, especially during the first weeks after you got them. You have to adjust to the pain, food restrictions, and all those things that you’re not allowed to while having your braces on. I like that Six Month Smile focuses on adults and ensures that they experience minimal discomfort throughout the process. On a side note, I want to congratulate you in advance. Just two more months to go!

    Rae Screen

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I'm SO happy with what I see in the mirror these days!” Yay! I would like to congratulate you for going through all the hard work and pain while you’re on braces. You’re almost there and I know you’ll be able to go through the power chains as well. :) However, you might need to be on a soft food diet for a couple days. Also, exert extra effort in cleaning the in-betweens of your braces. You can do it! :)

    Avis Charland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teeth already look nice here! I saw the big reveal in your December post and though you still wear a bonded retainer, it’s apparent that it’s a job well done and I’d like to congratulate you for that. Thank you too, for sharing your adventure with us.

    Nannie Livingstone

    ReplyDelete
  4. teeth whitening pearland
    Karsil Dental Professionals in Pearland, Texas provides optimal family and restorative dentistry by treating your mouth as part of your whole body. The result is long-lasting comfort, function, and naturally beautiful teeth six month smile braces

    ReplyDelete