Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 4 - Bracket Pain!

Okay, I've discovered that in order to survive this, I'm going to buy stock in dental wax.  It's really the only way I can see surviving this process. The six month smile should be re-named the "I'm going to poke the heck out of your lips/cheeks smiles".  However, if I cover every single bracket with wax, I'm good to go.

Today, I placed an order online from Walgreens for 9 boxes of dental wax.  Yes, I told you I love the stuff!  I still have some left from my initial office visit on Monday, but there's no way I want to find myself without.  (If you're a parent, this is akin to reaching into your baby's diaper basket and finding no new diapers left...at 2 a.m.) Not good.

No sign of movement yet...but we're only four days into this so I didn't expect to see anything.  (Although, my father, ever the optimist, claims he sees a difference...love my dad!)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, this is Marien from Ireland and I love your blog! I have read it many times. I got my six month smiles 4 days ago, so I am exactly at this point!! I totally agree with all of you said, except I don't have any pain in the gums. These days have been a nightmare, but the sores in the inside of the lip are finally starting to heal. Reading your blog encourages me to keep standing to see the wonderful results!! I will tell you next days :)

    Regards,

    Marien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dental wax and Ibuprofen will pretty much be your best friends during the time you have braces on. Though it takes some time to get used to, it’s still better than having to deal with a bloody mess without.

    Cody

    ReplyDelete