Monday, July 16, 2012

Fresh Donuts? Yup, I got 'em on my braces!

Today, marks the 5th week of my adventure into the world of braces.  I visited with my dentist and instead of changing out the wire like I expected, he gave me "fresh donuts"...something that greatly interested my five-year-old.  Donuts for braces aren't quite as tasty as the Dunkin variety, but they do add additional tension.  (For those of you who are curious, donuts are small round pieces that go around the brackets.) They were a bit uncomfortable to put on, but not bad. All in all, my visit took about 20 minutes.

The verdict?  Some of my molars are closing together nicely and my front teeth are slowly moving into place. Woohoo!!

So without further ado, here are the 5 week shots:

I love that you can hardly tell I'm wearing braces!

And the close-up.  The bracket on my front tooth isn't lighter than the rest, but I took this photo in a room that had a bit of sunlight glinting and it showed up in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment