Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Loose braces bracket -- time for a tune-up!

I was just eating lunch when I felt something funny in my mouth.  (And no, the mayo on my Panera Bread sandwich was perfectly fresh!)  If you have braces, you may know where this is going.  Apparently, I had loosened one of my brackets and it had flipped over backward.  Not necessarily the most comfortable feeling.  So, I've called my dentist and am headed in this afternoon to for a quick fix.  All part of the fun of having braces, I guess!  I'm sure they'll need to remove the wire and then take the loose bracket off in order to fix it.  Keep your fingers crossed that this is a quick and painless fix!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog...I just got mine today and have managed to pop a bracket completely off a tooth but it's sliding around and that knocked the wire out of the bracket next to it, AND I've lost a metal bracket in the back right. What the heck...I was eating a spinach salad and a grilled pork chop.

    Very concerned that less than 4 hours in I've got THREE issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similarly I took me to my first meal to knock a bracket off. It spun around and left a bit of wire sticking out. Right back in the chair I went and Ibe also had the extra bits added to stop my shutting my bite totally (as I have a bite overlap and the top teeth hit the bracket below.

    ReplyDelete