Monday, July 30, 2012

Six Weeks in Braces

Hi all,

Just wanted to check in with the official weekly update!  Today, I'm celebrating (is that the right word?) 6 weeks in braces.  Yes, that's right, I've spent the last month and a half carefully choosing foods that won't destroy my braces (or my mood) when I take a bite.

So, what's new with me?  Well, I had one bracket fall off last week after eating a Milky Way.  (Oops.)  But, my dentist and his staff were able to repair that in just under 20 minutes and I was on my way out the door.  To put it back on my tooth, they dried the tooth thoroughly with their air tool, placed a bit more of what I swear tastes like Crazy Glue and then held the bracket in place for a minute.  Afterwards, they cured the bracket with a tool that has a blue light at the end.  (I'm sure there's a more technical term than that -- haha!)  Lastly, they added a couple of fresh "donuts" to the brackets around that area and sent me on my way.  (If you'd like to know what donuts are, you might want to search back through my blog -- I've mentioned them before.)

Mental note -- don't bring your five-year-old with you when you go to the dentist.  She was on top of me (almost literally) gaping into my mouth while the dentist worked.  And, being the smart kiddo that she is, she asked A LOT of questions.  Thank goodness for my patient dentist, Dr. Joe Ramellini!

If you're in the Maryland area and are looking to talk with someone about the Six Month Smile, I've been having a good experience with Breton Bay Dentistry.  (And, no, I'm not being paid to do this!) Thanks,  Dr. Joe!

The photo below is a bit different than the ones I've shared previously.  Reason being is that I wanted to show progress on the teeth on my lower jaw.  I still see a lot of crowding, but it's getting better!

Six weeks in my Six Month Smile braces!  Straighter teeth are giving me something to smile about!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I remember I had my braces when I was in Junior High. It’s not an easy experience because I dealt with lots of pain, food restrictions and I almost cannot talk the first week I had them on. Good thing my cosmetic dentist in Beverly Hills was always there to check on me. He is also the man behind my TMJ operation and dental implants.

    ReplyDelete